A body protector, also known as a safety vest, protects the upper body (chest and back) when horse riding. It absorbs shocks to the spine and the ribs in the event of a fall.
This type of vest is compulsory for eventing. It is manufactured in accordance with EN 13158 - Class 2 which is the current European standard.
Benefits of using a body protector :
- High level of protection (back, spine, kidneys).
- Perfect fit on the body for maximum comfort.
- Textured foam.
- Mesh lining to promote ventilation.
- Easy fastening and adjustment of the height and around the chest.
- Easy to clean: removable cover.
For maximum comfort, it is important to choose a vest that fits you perfectly: it must be suited to your size and your practice.